Monday, January 23, 2012

The Search Committee

Well, I reviewed another book! This time is was a novel, written by Tim Owens. It's called: The Search Committee. Tim Owens sent this book into the Jerry B. Jenkins Christan Writers Guild and won! :D

I don't want to give to much of the story away, so I'll just basically give you the general idea of what the book is about, and what I thought of it.

The book is about a search committee, which goes from church to church, to find a pastor for their church that has none. In this book, the search committee is having several problems finding the right pastor, finding the Lord in their lives, and struggling with sins of this world as they do so.

It's a touching story, and I could actually relate to a lot of the characters that were struggling through their lives.

Another cool thing about this book, that at the beginning of every chapter is a Bible verse. After reading the Bible verse, you can understand what the next chapter is going to be about. It was pretty cool!

Overall it was an awesome book, and I highly recommend it.

Thanks for reading, and thank you Tim Owens for letting me review your book.

God bless,
Josiah

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, please mention as part of every Web or Amazon review that Tyndale House Publishers has provided you with a complimentary copy of this book.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Thanks for the review, Josiah! I'll be on the lookout for it!

Gracie said...

Hey Josiah....I hope this is the right Blog..... anyways I tagged you! No pressure if you don't want to though!
See you soon!
Gracie